New York Fashion Week: Marrisa Wilson Spring/Summer 2023
Hair by Kien Hoang for Oribe Hair Care
The Marrisa Wilson Spring/Summer 2023 Collection drew inspiration from the designer’s Guyanese-American heritage. “It is that feeling of the past and the present coming together to inform the future that I wanted to evoke,” she said of the collection.
Expressive prints, watercolor strokes and brightly colored feathers are complemented by a hair look that brings the theme “Of Many Waters” to life. Kien Hoang, Oribe Principal Artist of Global Design, created a variation of braided styles, all adorned with clear beads in a range of sizes to mimic rain drops.
Get the Look:
- Prep and detangle hair with Run-Through Detangling Primer.
- Apply Curl Gelèe for Shine & Definition throughout hair to add shine and enhance curls.
- Braid hair, creating either cornrows, plait braids, beaded braids or individual braids.
- Finish braids with Rough Luxury Molding Wax at the ends for hold.
- Add clear “rain drop” beads to braided hair.